Phuc Tue care center offers care, education, career advice and vocational training for mentally and physically impaired children.
Their mission is to care for, educate, restore mental health, teach, and guide disabled individuals to enable them to find suitable jobs, build self-confidence and become more independent in their everyday lives. As they are absorbed into the community, their burden on their families in particular, and society as a whole, will diminish.
Besides early grade academic lessons, educational programs include physical education and therapy, yoga, painting and poetry.
1. Location: Center of Hanoi
– Caring for and playing with disabled children.
– Feeding the children during lunch time.
– Initiating campaigns for donations of books, old clothes, old shoes for the children (depends on volunteers).
– Help the center do gardening to provide food for the children.
– Become involved in community and school-based projects.
3. Duration: From 02 weeks
– Initiative spirit and like to work with disabled children.
– Creative and active in this particular working environment.
– Having a medical background and/or experience in working with people with disabilities is advantageous. However, volunteers without experience will still be able to join with the guidance of teachers.
5. CVTD Fees: TABLE OF FEES 2017
✅ Volunteer service includes the following:
– Accommodation: You will be accommodated in CVTD’s volunteer house in Ban Dao Linh Dam new urban, where there is a lake and a green park surrounded, you can take a walk, runing the lakeside road with fresh air every morning. There are many convenience stores, coffee shops, restaurants with traditional Vietnamese cuisine near where you will live.
Volunteer house is nearly the bustop which convinient come to Hanoi Old Quarter, or Nuoc Ngam bus station is 1 km away, you can find many buses to the tourist city.
There’s free wifi connectivity (so bring your laptop or iPad) and free washing machine. There’s place for 4 – 6 volunteers at a time.
+ The house contains a large living room, two bedrooms with two bathrooms, hot water in bathroom, and air conditioner in bedroom, a kitchen and a beautyful courtyard.
+ Volunteers share their rooms with other volunteers, using bunk beds
+ There is full internet connection in the accommodation.
+ The centre is approximately 45 minutes away from Hanoi’s Old Quarter by bus, which only costs 7.000 VND for one way ($0,30).
– Meals: We do not supply meals, but we have full kitchen facilities which you are free to use. No lunch, when you go to Phuc Tue Center.
– Transport from CVTD’s volunteer house to the center by bus.
– Airport pick-up at Noi Bai International Airport, Hanoi.
– Various scenic visits with students.
– CVTD’s staff is available 24/7 by Online/Telephone or in person to support and guide you. It is extremely safe in Vietnam and there is really nothing to concern about.
❎ Not included:
– Flight tickets
– Visa application fee in home country
– Insurance of any kind. Participants are required to obtain adequate the Travel insurance, Health insurance, etc.,
– Personal items (toothpaste, towels, shampoo, shower gel, soap…).
– Travel during the program and after the formal program is completed
– Stipend – this is a volunteer project, the volunteer will receive no allowance or stipend
✅ More benefits for volunteer/internship:
– Two (2) days off per week
– Volunteers who work at least 3 months: One (1) week off for vacation (Total 07 days every 3 month).
– Participant certificate upon successful completion of the volunteer placement and small gift.