Internship at CVTD SApa Office
Sapa (Lao Cai province) is a poor mountain district in Northern Vietnam. Almost all of the local population are ethnic people, who are semi-illiterate, and lack education. Most of these people are farmers with very low income, are living in difficult conditions.
The majority of people around Sapa are farmers working in the rice cultures. That means that they work three months per year, from April to June, when it’s the right season to plant and cultivate rice. For the rest of the year they have a lot of free time and no income from the cultures so they rely on tourists to have incomes the rest of the year.
The idea of the creation of the ZDAO homestay by the CVTD, is to create en center were ethnics minorities have access to activities that allow them to learn skills (english-waste- communication-…) with volunteer from all around the world. This will help ethnic people and homestay owners to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to attract the tourism and have access to a better life.
- .Coffee management and organization
- .Volunteer management and organization
- .Management and organization of course schedules
- .Preparatiton of theme and event for coffee
- .Work once a week as waiter / waitress
- .Internet Marketing to find travelers, volunteer
- .Community development
- .Cultural exchange
- PROJECT FACTS
1 week +
Monday of every week. Available all the year
Working hours :
5 hours per day, 5 - 6 days per week
CVTD Volunteer House or homestay. The Volunteers will have time to experience local food, cultural exchange and travel around through interaction with the local people.
Type of work:
Teaching/ Language practice/ Charity work/ Other
Note: In urgent cases, volunteers may be required to work on Sunday. They will be given compensatory time off.
TRAINING, SUPPORT, BENEFITS AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Furnished comfortable accommodation at the Volunteer House, including a shared kitchen and Internet capabilities.
- A bicycle or a moto for local transportation.
- Residential registration and working visa extension.
- Fluent in English
- Bachelor degree in fields of social science, social work, social administration, social planning and development, international relation, public relation, or related areas.
- Strong inter-personal skills and experience in working with people, especially children
- Vietnamese lessons can be offered on request.
- Opportunities to discovery special cultural areas for free in every weekend.
- Volunteer will be provided with sufficient and well-arranged working facilities, including a computer with Internet access, a shared printer and many helpful and friendly colleagues.