Dong Anh Dist., and Soc Son Dist., outskirts of Hanoi. The locality is in the process of urbanization, and as a result of the establishment of Thang Long Industrial Park, Quang Minh Industrial Park,... which leads to mass immigration from nearby rural provinces. Migrant workers accounted for more than half the total number of immigrants in Dong Anh Dist., and Soc Son Dist.,
The programme aims at providing the children with basic English lessons and other extra activities including drawing, music and physical activities in leisure time. The children have 1 – 3 class per day, 3 - 5 days per week, each class lasts for 1.0 - 1.5 hours per day.
Volunteers will be living in the CVTD’s volunteer house in Dong Anh District, 10km from Noi Bai International Airport and 15km from Hanoi Old Quarter.
1.1. Location: Dong Anh dist. / Soc Son dist., Hanoi, Vietnam
- Teaching English at kindergarten, primary and secondary schools on the outskirts of Hanoi.
- Training in English and career skills for students and youth workers in the Industrial Zone.
Immigrant workers accounted for more than half of the workers in these three districts. Many young workers are living in difficult conditions. While we are all aware that children have rights relating to basic subsistence levels, education and other requirements for normal human development, many of the children here are facing with difficulty in education as their parents cannot afford to send them school. As such, these children do not have access to the modern world. They lack not only fundamental knowledge but many other life- skills, and English appears to be beyond their capabilities.
With the purpose of helping these disadvantaged children to supplement knowledge and other skills needed for their future, CVTD is implementing an educational program in local schools. CVTD is cooperating with local government to implement the Blended Learning that done by foreign experts come from America, Europe, with Vietnamese teaching assistants. The program aims at providing the children with basic English lessons and other extra-curricular activities including drawing, music and physical activities. The children have lessons three days per week, and each lesson lasts for 90 minutes to 120 minutes. For impoverished children lessons will be free of all charges - school fees, books, notebooks & school supplies based on CVTD budget constraints. As such, we would appreciate it if volunteers would be prepared to teach more classes than normal as it assists in fundraising.
Volunteers will do the following:
Duration: From 02 weeks
- Volunteers who are fluent in English and have excellent pronunciation and communication skills with English as a second language
- Prioritize native English speakers.
- Have a laptop for teaching, slide, video, game,…
(*) Volunteer service includes the following:
- Accommodation: Volunteers will be living in the CVTD’s volunteer house in Kim Chung Commune (Bac Thang Long Industrial Zone), Dong Anh District, 10km from Noi Bai International Airport and 15km from Hanoi Old Quarter.
++ Volunteers share their rooms with other volunteers, using bunk beds
++ There is full internet connection in the accommodation.
- Meals: Two meals per day (Lunch and dinner). We do not supply breakfast, but we have full kitchen facilities which you are free to use.
- Transport from CVTD’s volunteer house to the kindgarten, schools or center by bus or Grap moto.
- Airport pick-up / drop-off at Noi Bai International Airport, Hanoi.
- Various scenic visits with students.
- CVTD’s staff is available 24/7 by Online/Telephone or in person to support and guide you. It is extremely safe in Vietnam and there is really nothing to concern about.
(*) More benefits for volunteer/internship:
- Two (2) days off per week
- Volunteers who work at least 3 months: One (1) week off for vacation (Total 07 days every 3 month).
- Participant certificate upon successful completion of the volunteer placement and small gift.
Note: In urgent cases, volunteers may be required to work on Sunday. They will be given compensatory time off.
CVTD’s income: From volunteer fees and tuition fees from students/company